Best Practice for retailers is to clear what’s left over. Get rid of Christmas inventory now, do not wait, and do not pack product up saving it for next year; that’s like packing up money, your money in boxes, and storing it away.
Have a look around and see what’s left. You can learn a lot from seasonal left over inventory.
Here are a few things I want you think about:
- Did you buy to much? May be not enough?
- Did you buy the right products for your market place?
- Did you buy product customers wanted and liked ?
- Where the products the right price?
- Did you promote the products effectively on your website and thru your monthly e newsletter?
- Did you display products well with great windows and feature areas?
- Did your staff know how to sell what you brought in for Christmas ?
- Did your staff like the products ?
Love to hear from you.