Tips to share with your staff that will improve sales immediately .
- Product Knowledge – You cannot sell what you don’t know about. Knowing the features and benefits of all the products you carry is the goal . You must set this as a priority for your staff.
- Complimentary Items – Knowing what goes with what and how complementary items support the main items you sell is the key. Developing that expertise is what you want in your staff.
- Pick of the day, or Store owner’s pick – Place this product which will become part of your add on sales program near or on the cash counter.
- Do not prejudice the sale – Assume your customers are open to buy, and that they have the money to spend.
- Sales Figures – Do not assume that your staff knows what your average sales figures are, or what they mean – tell them.
- Sales training – Next train your staff by role playing to sell add on items.
Start this today. Watch what happens!