Retail Makeover Business Training Program
52 Week Business Development Program
This customized, one-on-one, 12-month training program correlates to a full year cycle in retail and is designed for Retail Owners or Retail Store Managers looking to gain firsthand expertise with knowledge on how to meet the goals and expectation of a independent retail environment.
As the role of an Owner/ Retail Store Manager is to take care of the day-to-day operations and ensure maximum profitability for the store, the training will revolve around reviewing and analyzing the business performance history and how using that base information projected goals are set for future performance , and how best to affect immediate and sustainable daily changes to attain set goals.
Instruction will take place via Skype, FaceTime, or Phone. The training will be delivered at agreed times each week.
Key focus is increasing sales and profitability.
Detailed expert information and training will be delivered:
- On best practices to increase retail sales.
- Reports required for daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly review.
- How to read all reports and what they tell us about the business.
- How to deliver best retail customer service.
- Maintaining store policies and standards.
- Most effective retail marketing and how to implement.
- Best retail sales staff management strategies.
- Daily staff training techniques.
- Best In store merchandising tips that boost sales.
- Most effective internal communication style.
- Product Knowledge and how to use it to support product sales.
- Setting sales daily targets.
- How best to buy and stay in budget.
- Reporting and daily/weekly communication with every level of store staff .
- Dealing with problem staff.
- How to conduct weekly staff meetings.
- Motivating staff.
- Conversion rates and how to implement information.
- How to calculate the average sale. How to use this information to increase add on sales.
- Comprehensive sales training .
Weekly training meetings with Barbara are designed to fit into the actual needs of the store, as well as expanding the working knowledge of the Retail Owner /Retail Store Manager on how best to run a thriving business.
The Retail Owner /Retail Store Manager will confidently assume greater control and understanding of the business, managed weekly through the hourly training. Attaining set targets and growing sales, engaging staff to contribute. All in line with the business goals set by the owner. Delivering measurable results.
The Retail Store Owner /Store Manager will have the support of North America’s leading retail business coach and trainer.
Delivery Method: Live interactive online scheduled training.
Includes: 52/ 60 minute weekly meetings.
Learning Outcomes and Scope of the Training:
Training will be relevant to the Duties, Skills and Qualification (D.S.Q.) of a Retail Store Owner and Retail Store Manager as follows:
1) D.S.Q.: Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results. Training: Will focus on project and time management, setting priorities and effective follow thru with staff.
2) D.S.Q.: Maintains store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees. Training: Will include best recruiting selection, orientation and training methods for employees.
3) D.S.Q.: Maintains store staff performance results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results. Training: Will focus on best sales staff coaching methods, learning to deal with problem staff, learn how to use the Retail Makeover Performance Scoring System.
4) D.S.Q.: Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, initiating corrective actions. Training: Will focus on how to set sales targets based on past performance, what operating costs should be, how to read financial reports and study analytics to gain an understanding of what the numbers mean to the business.
5) D.S.Q.: Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements. Training: Will focus on best customer service strategies with emphasis on loyalty and referral programs and dedication to engaging new clients with a strategy for long term relationships. While keeping and delighting existing customers to keep coming back time and time again.
6) D.S.Q.: Ensures availability of merchandise and services by approved contracts; maintaining inventories. Training: Will focus on inventory control, product replenishment, daily walkabouts and store merchandising.
7) D.S.Q.: Formulates pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities, determining additional needed sales promotion; authorizing clearance sales;, and studying trends. Training: Will focus on securing and analyzing the appropriate reports to determine pricing, access and analyze to see if promotions are working and supporting product sales activity. When, and how, to recommend sales; how best to study product trends.
8) D.S.Q.: Markets merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans; analyzing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios. Training: Will focus on how to contribute and be part of the planning of product promotions and where to advertise. As well as the review of reports and numbers to understand margins and what they mean to the business.
9) D.S.Q.: Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment. Training: Will focus on standards and health and safety policies.
Live interactive online scheduled training; specifically:
- Via Skype, email, phone.
- Weekly teaching /Action points will be delivered prior to each meeting.
- Teacher Modeling/Demonstrations.
- Lectures/One-on-One Training.
- Articles and printed information.
- Questioning and Discussion.
- Discovery Learning.
- Inquiry / Problem Solving.
- Independent Projects.
- Homework and Assignments weekly.
- Client will be required to submit notes from each meeting outlining action points to take during the week. To be delivered minimum 24 hours after the weekly meeting.
- Client to deliver talking point notes for the following weeks ‘ meeting for discussion and review of the past weeks activity.
- Client will be required to fill out a questionnaire survey quarterly.
- Being satisfied with the training is one key element of determining whether the training program was successful or not. This process is on going weekly. Changes in training speed and style will accommodate The Store Manager’s style of learning.
- The survey/report will look to formalize that the client is able to take the training and easily apply it to the real day-to-day duties they complete. Has the client consistently absorbed the training and the goals of the course and all materials? What has exactly worked and what didn’t. Has the retailer’s behavior change? Did elements of their performance improve? Has their training help them increase their productivity?
Role of a Retail Business Trainer